Top 5 Most Popular SEO Myths that Just Won’t Die
In the SEO world, there are lots of things people tend to believe which hold no obvious evidence of being real. These things are very popular and just won’t die that even neophytes and those who are not so familiar how search engine optimization works tend to spread them.
The following are the top 5 most popular SEO Myths that have been circulating in the industry through the years.
1. SEO is a one-time strategy – Whoever started the spread of the this myth must be someone who had a one-shot luck in doing website optimization and hastily concluded that SEO is a strategy that once implemented will work on its own. In reality, search engine optimization is a continuous process that needs regular maintenance to make it work and gain positive results.
2. Positive Results are always guaranteed in SEO – This myth is actually used by those SEO practitioners who wanted to lure more clients, thus giving them false hopes and beliefs that are not anchored in reality. There’s no such thing as guaranteed positive results when it comes to optimizing websites for search engines. This is because each website is unique and strategies and tactics should be customized to fit its SEO requirements and needs. If you are a business owner looking for SEOs to optimize your website, be very careful not to fall for this myth.
3. SEO is easy – Getting your website indexed in Google can really be so easy, but ranking on top of the search engine result pages (SERPs) is always difficult, especially if you are competing against hundreds or thousands of websites all aiming to land on the top spot. Those people who say that SEO is a piece of cake are mostly the inexperienced ones.
4. Google hates SEO – This is actually a rumor spread around the net by those people who hate Google. Google’s regular search algorithm updates to combat malpractices in SEO (i.e. paid link schemes, black hat, automated link-building) are used by haters to turn the table against the search engine giant. In reality, Google supports ethical SEO practices and even encourage website owners to adopt them.
5. SEO is dead – This is another rumor that came out after the series of search algorithm updates were launched by Google to combat against web spam and other SEO malpractices. SEO is a multi-billion dollar industry and proclaiming that it is dead shows lack of knowledge about the search industry. As long as there are search engines, the SEO industry will continue to strive to give startups and small businesses an opportunity to compete with big brands and larger establishments.
Do you know of other SEO myths that are currently circulating on the web? Share them to us and we’ll publish them here.
Photo Credit: Question mark sign by Colin_K is used under the Creative Common License.
This blog post is brought to you by www.oneseocompany.com, Dallas SEO & Internet Marketing Company.
Chief Visionary at One SEO Company. An Internet Entrepreneur SEO & lawyer Internet marketing professional & Starbucks Lover.
Online SEO News Web Marketing Magazine - 1VIZABILITY.COM