Though Yahoo may just come in second in terms of search traffic, it still makes up a solid 22+ percent for your website traffic. That’s why it’s so important that you learn how you can optimize your webpages for Yahoo.
1. Include a keyword tag. The use of keyword tags has long been ignored by SEO specialists working on ranking in Google, but it’s a totally different story if you want to rank highly in Yahoo. Because it doesn’t really hurt your chances in Google if you add it, you might as well do. Keywords, however, should be written according to their relevance to the website. As much as possible, moreover, the character should be limited to 250 only. Any excess of that will already mean keyword stuffing, and it will hurt your rankings badly.
2. Use Alt text for images. Search engine spiders cannot really read images, only texts. But if you want to your images to be indexed along with the content of the webpages, you have to use the Alt text. It will provide a clear description of what your picture is like. It is also extremely useful for those people who are running text-based browsers.
3. Add a sitemap. Yahoo has its own sitemap generator, which you can conveniently add to your website. It will automatically generate a list of the different pages in your website. Once you’re done, submit the sitemap to the search engine. Its spiders can easily detect if there are new contents into your website, so these new contents can be indexed right away.
4. Add a title tag. A title tag is the one that immediately shows up in search engine results. Yahoo tends to rank those tags with keyword phrases higher than the other competitors.
5. Include a robot txt file. A robot txt file is helpful for open indexing. This will give instructions to Yahoo’s search engine spiders to visit your website and index its pages.
By Dallas SEO firm specializing in Search engine optimization for Yahoo. http://www.1vizability.com